BROWN'S MART EDUCATION PROGRAM
Brown's Mart is committed to supporting educators in encouraging their students to develop an appreciation of the Performing Arts. Live performance has the ability to enhance a student's learning by bringing stories to life and providing deeper insights into the work.
Our mission, through the Brown's Mart ED program is to be accessible to all school community groups with selected theatre productions that support and complement the Northern Territory school education curriculum. The syllabus text selection process for the Brown's Mart ED program is done in consultation with secondary school English and Drama teachers.
2017 - A Doll's House by Henrik Ibsen
Venue: Brown's Mart Theatre
Duration: Approx 2hrs plus 30min Q&A
Our 2017 season will include the curriculum linked production, A Doll's House by Henrik Ibsen.
Matinee performances have been scheduled to run on Friday 10th March, Wed 15 March, Thurs 16 March, Wed 22 March, Thurs 23 March. TIME: 10.30am. Tues 14th March & Tues 21st March Time: 9.30am and 12 noon.
There will also be a special evening performance for students on Thursday 16 March at 7pm.
Evening performances for the general public have been scheduled to run from Wednesday, 15 March – Saturday, 25 March at 7.00pm. Book online: www.brownsmart.com.au
Brown's Mart will provide educational resources such as teacher notes and briefings, highlighting specific curriculum links and professional learning opportunities relevant to the needs of teachers.
What we offer:
- Discounted tickets for school group bookings, valid for all performances, (excluding Saturday nights)
- $15 tickets for groups of 10 or more students
- One complimentary teacher’s ticket for every group of 10
- A complimentary double pass to the preview performance so that each teacher has the opportunity to experience the production before bringing the students
- Teachers will have the opportunity to attend a workshop with the director to hear their interpretation of the text
- The opportunity to participate in a school specific post show forum and Q&A (dependent on cast and crew availability)
In addition, by special arrangement, we will be offering the following opportunities:
- Stage Management experience for students
- Theatre Lighting workshop for students
- Teacher Workshop with the director to discuss her interpretation of the text.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL WORKSHOP OPPORTUNITIES HAVE SOLD OUT FOR 2017
BM ACCESS PROGRAM
Brown’s Mart’s Access Program exists to give teachers and students greater access to the Brown’s Mart SHIMMER theatre season.
The program provides an opportunity for students and their teachers to attend productions through discounted ticket prices for selected evening performances and specially scheduled matinee performances.
To apply for BM Access Program tickets, schools are invited to send a request through to our team in writing - firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that there is a limited number of Access Tickets available to each performance and each application will be carefully considered.