You can call her Aunty B.
Aboriginal Elders are highly respected people and are holders of knowledge and wisdom passed down through a family line. Establishing and recognising Aunty B in this role cements the importance of Kulumbirigin Danggalaba Elders within our community and traditions. You will see Aunty B at key events for Brown's Mart, hanging out in the courtyard or soaking up live performance in the front row.
- Senior Elder of the Larrakia Nation of Darwin Northern Territory, Australia and member of the Cubillo family
- Larrakia Academic in Residence for Charles Darwin University
- Honorary Doctor of Letter (Honoris Causa) May 2023
- Gurdimin-ba Bali – Larrakia Spirit Doctor - Healer
- Chair of the NT Minister of Health’s Advisory Committee, Chair of the Menzies School of Health Research First Nations Advisory Committee, Senator on the NT Govt Clinical Senate, Chair Menzies School of Health Research First Nations Advisory Committee, Member Director on the Larrakia Nation Board and is a director/member on several other Boards and Committees.
- Honorary Elders for the NT Boarder Forces - the Australian Defence Forces in the Top End – Darwin Festival and Browns Mart. She is the Cultural Advisor and Honorary Elder for the UNAA NT (United Nations Australian Assoc. Northern Territory)
- Attained a Degree in Cultural Heritage Management from the University of Canberra
- Volunteers on many Government Departments, City councils, organisations and private sector entities.
- Is acknowledged and respected as a healer and teacher of the ancient wisdoms of Aboriginal Spirituality and Healing and cross-cultural communication and Larrakia cultural protocols.
- Is an internationally published author with two books Star Dreaming and Healing from the Dilly Bag.
- One of the Aboriginal Specialist on the Podcast series “Ask the Specialist”.
- Travels nationally and international conducting workshops and healing sessions for women of many nationalities.
- Is an Authorised Marriage Celebrant conducting many weddings, funerals, Namings and many other civil ceremonies!
- Received the following Awards: 2009 NT Woman of the Year – Top End NAIDOC Female Elder of the Year 2022 – Senior of Excellence Awards 2022 and finalist nomination for Senior of the Year Awards for the Australian Awards and received an Award from the Mental Health Foundation of Australia 2022. Finalist in the Nation NAIDOC Female Elder of the Year Award 2023.
- In 2021 conducted an Australian Indigenous Elders Wisdom series of Webinars for the Australian High Commissioner for Singapore on Aboriginal Culture and Cultural Protocols.